The Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels surpass the Florida Building Code, Texas and International Building code testing standards including the International Building and Residential ASTM standards, as well as the High-Velocity Hurricane Zone found in Miami-Dade County. The Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels have Florida Building Code Product Approvals as well as Texas Department of Insurance Product Evaluations.
Eyewall Armor® EA Hurricane Panels are ready to take on even the most extreme weather conditions. They have been tested to perform in wind zones in excess of 180mph in accordance with the latest Florida Building Code and International Building Code wind standards (ASCE7-10). They are also tested for the 9-lb large 2” x 4” missile impact from windborne debris in accordance with the ASTM E1886/E1996 protocols, which are the most rigid in the world. The Aluminum .050” and .060” panels have also been tested for the High-Velocity Hurricane Zone TAS 201-202 and 203 standards (the old Miami-Dade test standards). Clear Polycarbonate panels meeting the same testing standards are also available which can be used alone or mixed into our patented Clear/Metal/Clear applications which allows you to avoid that closed in “cave” feeling while waiting for the storm to hit and pass.
Aluminum & Steel
- Our .050” and .060” aluminum Eyewall Armor® panels carry Florida product approvals, including HVHZ and non-HVHZ.
- Our ultra-light .018” (28 gauge), and .023” (24 gauge) galvanized steel Eyewall Armor® panels with rolled safety edges are tested for 9-lb. large missile impact to A.S.T.M. E1886 and E1996 standards for use in the Florida Building Code and throughout the International Building Code areas.
- Unparalleled Hurricane Protection.
- Corrosion resistant.
- Affordable and cost-effective.
- Easy Installation.
- Added property value.
- Reduced insurance costs.
- Multiple track options.
- Panels available in Mill Finish, Galvanized, Clear or some in White.
- Tracks available in White or Bronze.
- Professional in-house customer service and technical support.
- Patented clear-metal-clear applications.
- Patents #US 6,868,642 B2 and US 6,615,555 B2